Our fully accredited laboratory is capable of performing a variety of functions designed to keep your project moving and to provide your construction team the valuable information they need to make smart, economical decisions on your behalf. We are certified in soils and concrete through WACEL, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and fully traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Our lab is constantly keeping up with changes in the geotechnical world and currently performs tests that are only offered a few other labs on the east coast.
SCE’s concrete laboratory is based on ASTM C-1077. This standard provides requirements for test methods, laboratory facilities, quality control systems, personnel and organizational structure. Our laboratory is divided between the working area and specimen curing facilities.
In order to insure the quality level of our tests, our laboratory is accredited by AASHTO’s Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (C.C.R.L.), and participates in ASSHTO, and WACEL round robin quality assurance exercises. The following list includes some, but not all, of the tests we perform:
- ASTM C39 COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF CYLINDRICAL SPECIMENS
- ASTM C138 UNIT WEIGHT AND AIR CONTENT BY GRAVIMETRIC
- ASTM C143 SLUMP OF FRESHLY MIXED CONCRETE
- ASTM C172 SAMPLING OF FRESH CONCRETE
- ASTM C173 AIR CONTENT BY VOLUMETRIC
- ASTM C231 AIR CONTENT BY PRESSURE
- ASTM C1064 TEMPERATURE OF FRESHLY MIXED CONCRETE
- ASTM C511 MOIST ROOM CURING
- ASTM C617 CAPPING CYLINDRICAL SPECIMENS
- ASTM C1231 USE OF UN-BONDED CAPPING SYSTEM
- ASTM C109 COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF CEMENT MORTARS USING CUBE SPECIMENS
- ASTM C1019 SAMPLING AND TESTING GROUT SPECIMENS
Our fully accredited soil laboratory is capable of performing a variety of functions designed to keep your project moving and to provide your construction team the valuable information they need to make smart, economical decisions on your behalf.
Our lab is accredited through AASHTO’s, AASHTO Material References Laboratory(AMRL), WACEL, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. SCE Soils Laboratory also participates in ASSHTO, and WACEL round robin quality assurance exercises.
Along with our LEED accredited staff members, our soils laboratory is one of very few laboratories in the east coast that is certified to provide all certifications needed to perform ASTM E-2399 (standard test method for maximum media density for green roof systems) and below is a list of some, but not all, of the tests we perform:
- ASTM E-2399-STANDARDS TEST METHOD FOR MAXIMUM MEDIA DENSITY FOR GREEN ROOFS SYSTEMS
- ASTM D421 DRY PREPARATION FOR PARTICLE SIZE DISTRIBUTION AND SOIL CONSTANTS
- ASTM D422 PARTICLE SIZE ANALYSIS
- ASTM D698 COMPACTION CHARACTERISTICS BY STANDARD EFFORT
- ASTM D854 SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF SOILS
- ASTM D1140 MATERIAL FINER THAN 75um (NO. 200 SIEVE)
- ASTM D1557 COMPACTION CHARACTERISTICS BY MODIFIED EFFORT
- ASTM D1883 CALIFORNIA BEARING RATIO
- ASTM D2166 UNCONFINED COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH
- ASTM D2216 WATER CONTENT
- ASTM D2487 CLASSIFICATION OF SOILS
- ASTM D4318 ATTERBERG LIMITS